Friday 17 February 2017

Parrots and a Dragonfly

When I started this blog (all of a week ago), I told myself I would only be using high quality photos that I'd shot on my DSLR.

That's all well and good for posts about things here in Perth, but for now we can only rely on my husband B's family sending us photos of Ten Acres from their phones.  So already I'm realising that if I'm going to write about renovations and so on, as I intend to, I may have to let the odd low res image through.  I'm clutching my pearls at the very thought.

Anyway.  Just getting that off my chest.

Here, though, are some nice shiny DSLR images from the other day when we had an early morning visit from some corellas and, er, green parrots (king parrots maybe? A twitcher* I am not), and, later on, the most amazing huge glittery dragonfly.

We've grown these sunflowers to attract bees to the garden, plus they grow quickly and look very cool.  Having the wildlife come for breakfast has just been an added bonus.




This reminds me of a book we had as kids called Where Is The Green Parrot



The birds sent J into an absolute paroxysm of delight.  She was crouching down in her pyjamas pointing with her stubby little finger: "Bords! Bords!".  Then, in an exaggerated pantomime with her finger to her lips: "Shhh! Woaw."  Think how Lydia from Real Housewives of Melbourne says "wow".  Like that.

J was also very pleased with the dragonfly visitor and it took some restraining to convince her not to touch and just look.  I think she got it in the end: "Non't touch."





*Twitcher means bird-watcher.  Look it up if you don't believe me.  This is the kind of useless knowledge I retain so that I can forget the names of everyone I meet

No comments:

Post a Comment