Sunday 26 March 2017

Renovations #2

You guys, I'm drowning in paperwork.  I was an administration assistant when I was still a contributing member of society, so I love a form.  Love forms, love ticking boxes.  

But oh my wordy lordy are there a lot of boxes to tick and forms to fill out to move to New Zealand.  And each form has a supplementary form, and some forms have questions that I don't know the answers to, like, as a random example, the date purchased, price in NZD and origin of all the alcohol in our booze cupboard.  Actually I've solved that one as I will be drinking all that alcohol in the next couple of weeks.  There's no form needed for that.

It's only been a couple of weeks since I wrote about the renovations but oh boy are things coming together now!  I can really picture us living here.  Which is good, because we'll be there in LESS THAN THREE WEEKS OH MY GOD.

Bedrooms

The wardrobes are all in now I think.  B was insistent that we not put doors on the front which I'm pretty sure is going to be a stupid idea but whatever I have forms to fill out and no time to argue.  All I can think is MOTHS.  Moths eating all my clothes.

In the girls' rooms we'll probably use the robes for toys, books, etc, and use their dressers to keep clothes in.  Or we will be putting doors on everything in about a month's time.


Bathroom

Look!  Look!  Look at the shiny bathroom!  Just got the heated towel rail to be installed and we are d.o.n.e in here.  Before you think we're all up ourselves with a heated towel rail, please recall that this is New Zealand.  It rains, like, every day.  Unless we want to dry ourselves with mould spores, a heated towel rail is pretty much essential.


Laundry

I don't think I shared any photos of the laundry last time as there wasn't much to show, but it's going to be so good.  Look at all the bench space!  And on the opposite wall there's a narrow little cupboard to store all my laundry soap and stuff in.  I do love doing the washing and I'm going to extra double love it in this big awesome laundry.


Kitchen/Living

Just awaiting the carpet in the living room, not much to see here...


But the kitchen, now this is where I get quite excited!!!!  I love it.  I can picture my girls sitting up at that big bench.  I can picture myself standing at the sink looking out that window at the little house paddock.  Do you know how many times I have dreamt of something exactly like this for our family?




Pouring rain, sun shining, blowing a gale, fire crackling, muddy gum boots at the door, little girls running up and down the hall, bikes, ponies, flannelette sheets, hydrangeas, roses, snow on the mountain, it's going to be so good.

So good, you guys.

Ok I'll stop now.







No comments:

Post a Comment